Step 1: Login into portal.office365.com
Sign in with your Login ID and Password.
Step 2: When entering account click on Admin as shown into the picture.
Step 3: In the left navigation pane of the Microsoft 365 admin center, click Admin centers, and then click Exchange.
Step 4: After click on the Exchange a new window will open, in the new window click on the Mail Flow.
Step 5: After clicking on the Mail Flow click on the Rules button that is shown in the picture.
Step 6: Now click on the + icon to create the new rule.
Create the rule by using one of the following options:
- To create a rule from a template, click Add and select a template.
- To copy a rule, select the rule, and then select Copy
- To create a new rule from scratch, Add and then select Create a new rule.
Step 7: In the New rule dialog box, name the rule, and then select the conditions and actions for this rule:
- In Apply this rule if..., select the condition you want from the list of available conditions.
- o Some conditions require you to specify values. For example, if you select The sender is... condition, you must specify a sender address. If you're adding a word or phrase, note that trailing spaces are not allowed.
- o If the condition you want isn't listed, or if you need to add exceptions, select More options. Additional conditions and exceptions will be listed.
- o If you don't want to specify a condition and want this rule to apply to every message in your organization, select [Apply to all messages] condition.
- In Do the following..., select the action you want the rule to take on messages matching the criteria from the list of available actions.
- o Some of the actions will require you to specify values. For example, if you select the Forward the message for approval to... condition, you will need to select a recipient in your organization.
- o If the condition you want isn't listed, select More options. Additional conditions will be listed.
- Specify how rule match data for this rule is displayed in the Data loss prevention Report and the Mail protection Report.