Step 1: Login into portal.office365.com
Sign in with your Login ID and Password.
Step 2: When entering the account click on Admin as shown into the picture.
Step 3: In the Admin Panel click on Groups, and then Groups shown in the picture.
Step 4: Now click in the Add a Group button.
Step 5: Now we have a page open, from here we need to select Group Type. We choose Office 365 and click on the Next button.
Step 6: On the basic page, we need to fill the required detail like Name for the Group, Group Description, after filling all the required information click on the Next button.
Step 7: On the Owners choose the name of one or more people who will be designated to manage the group. Anyone who is a group owner will be able to delete email from the Group inbox. Other members won't be able to delete email from the Group inbox. Select Next.
On the Edit settings page, type a unique email address for the group, choose a privacy option and whether you want to add Microsoft Teams, and then select Next.
Step 8: After reviewing your settings and making any changes, select Create group.
Type of groups:
In the Groups section of the Microsoft 365 admin center, you can create and manage these types of groups:
- Office 365 groups are used for collaboration between users, both inside and outside your company.
- Distribution groups are used for sending notifications to a group of people.
- Security groups are used for granting access to SharePoint resources.
- Mail-enabled security groups are used for granting access to SharePoint resources and emailing notifications to those users.
- Shared mailboxes are used when multiple people need access to the same mailbox, such as company information or support email address.