Many users have reported to us that Skype for Business icon is missing in Outlook. And also not getting the Microsoft Teams icon available there (as this replaced Skype for Business after updating Outlook).
These are the steps that you help in finding the missing Skype for Business icon in Outlook.
- Open your Outlook desktop application.
- Go to File > Options > Add-ins.
3. Go > check the box for the Skype Meeting add-in and select OK. This will enable the add-in for this session.
4. Close Outlook and reopen, then check Calendar to see if the Skype Meeting option is available in the ribbon.
a) If the meeting add-in is present, issue should be resolved. Client can further test the issue by restarting the computer completely and see if the Skype Meeting add-in persists.
b) If it is not present, check File > Info for "Slow or disabled COM Add-in's". If "Slow or disabled COM Add-in's" is not present or Skype Meeting is not shown, move to step 4.
5. Close Outlook and open as Administrator. Go to File > Options > Add-ins > Go > check the box for the Skype Meeting add-in and select OK. Close Outlook and open normally. If Skype Meeting option is available in Calendar. If it is not, check to see if the add-in is listed in "Slow or disabled COM Add-in's". If it is still not listed, move to step 5.
6. Ensure the add-in install file, UCAddin.dll, is located in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16 (Office15 if they are using 2013 applications. This can also vary depending on if they installed Skype for Business/Lync as a standalone as it will be in the C:\Program Files\LyncInstall\Microsoft Office\Office15 or Office 16 folder).
a) Close Outlook and open as administrator.
b) Go to File > Options > Add-ins > Go > highlight Skype Meeting and select Remove. Close Outlook and reopen.
c) Go to File > Options > Add-ins > Go > Add > navigate to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16 (Office15 if they are using 2013 applications) and select the UCAddin.dll file and click OK. Close Outlook and open normally.
d) Test making a Skype Meeting in Calendar.
For any other concerns related to Office 365 plan and subscriptions. You can reach out to us by submitting a ticket on our portal https://cloud.foetron.com/ or you can directly mail us at email@example.com. Check out our website www.foetron.com to know about the services offered by us.