Whenever you do online research with OneNote, you can use the OneNote Web Clipper to easily capture, edit and share information. It’s free to use and it works with most modern Web browsers. Best of all, you can access them from any computer, tablet, or phone - even when you're offline.
- Clip any webpage to OneNote with just one click
- Capture the full page, or just the parts you want to keep. We'll make them all searchable in OneNote.
- Send your clips to any OneDrive or OneDrive for Business notebook, including shared notebooks. They'll sync to all your devices, instantly.
- OneNote Web Clipper is smart. When it detects an article, recipe, or product, it will clear away the clutter and show you a preview.
- Every clip will include the site URL, so it's easy to return to the original web page if you ever need it.
- View your clipped page in OneNote Online with just one click from the OneNote Web Clipper
Install the OneNote Web Clipper
To set up the OneNote Web Clipper, do the following:
Click the Get OneNote Web Clipper button.
Follow the on-screen instructions that are displayed for the particular Web browser that you’re using.
If prompted, acknowledge any security messages to give OneNote Web Clipper permission to work with your browser.
To configure the OneNote Web Clipper, do the following:
In your browser, open any website, and then click the OneNote Web Clipper icon.
Note: The location of the OneNote Web Clipper depends on the browser you are using. For example, in Internet Explorer, it will appear on the Favorites bar.
In the purple popup window that appears, do one of the following:
Click Sign in with a Microsoft account if you want to use the OneNote Web Clipper with a personal account like Outlook.com, Live.com, or Hotmail.com. For best results, use the same account that you’re already using with OneNote.
Click Sign in with a work or school account if you want to use the OneNote Web Clipper with an account given to you by your work organization or school.
If prompted, confirm the requested application permissions for the OneNote Web Clipper.