After setting up Two-Step Verification on Outlook.com, I’ve been unable to connect Outlook with my Outlook.com account and am repeatedly being prompted for my password.
I know I am putting in the correct password as it still works when I try to log on to the website.
Enabling Two-Step Verification for your Microsoft Account
Actually, Two-Step Verification applies to your Microsoft Account in general and not just access to your Outlook.com mailbox. You can set it up in the following way:
1. Log on to the http://portal.office.com/ website.
2. At the top, click on My Account.
3. Click on Security and Privacy option.
4. Click on Additional Security Verification.
5. Click on Create and manage app password.
6. Click On Create.
7. Type Name and click on Next.
8. Click on Copy app password to clipboard.
9. Paste your app passowrd at email configuration time and click on Next.
10. Click on Finish and enjoy your Microsoft 365 account.
For any further queries, you can reach us by creating a new ticket at Foetron Support Portal or you can directly call us on our support helpline number +91-124-4506200