Yammer is a unique social networking service designed with enterprise communication in mind. It is basically like a ‘Facebook’ for your work space. Yammer helps you discuss ideas, share updates, and crowd source answers from workers around the globe. Yammer gives you a faster, smarter way to connect and collaborate across your company.
Yammer allows you to: -
- Connect and engage across your Teams, Departments, and Company.
- Tap into and leverage the knowledge of others.
- Search and discover the expertise, conversations, info, and files you need.
- Join and create groups to stay informed, connect with your company, and gather ideas.
- Participate in conversations across your network and add insights.
- Share your knowledge and ideas across your organization
Some basic tasks in yammer
- Sign in at Yammer.com or office.com.
- Select the App launcher in the upper left corner of the screen and select Yammer.
- Select Log In and enter your company e-mail and password.
- You’ll soon receive a confirmation email to activate your account. Select the web address in the confirmation email to complete setup. You’ll automatically be redirected to your organization’s network.
How to view and edit your profile
- Click on your name or avatar at the top-right corner of the page.
- In the Drop-down menu that appears, select My profile.
- You’re redirected to your Office 365 profile page as shown.
- In the first tile, select Update Profile.
- After clicking on Update Profile, you can see a window as shown below.
- Add any relevant content to the profile page. (The column on the left provides jumping points to various sections. Some fields update automatically, but others require you to click on a Save button.)
- To Return to Yammer, click on the App launcher and select Yammer.