Microsoft Forms is one of the application programs of the new office suite 365. It allows the user to create surveys, polls and custom tests. You can send out the web link to the test in a variety of ways – in an E-mail, as a link in a shared OneNote document, embed in a web page or in OneNote online.
People can respond to it using any web browser, even on mobile devices. You can provide automatic feedback based on the answers chosen, and automatically mark the test if it is all multiple-choice questions. You can also review all the tests submitted back to you and provide further feedback if required. Form data, such as test results, can be easily exported to Excel for additional analysis or grading.
Steps to create a Microsoft Form
- Open your Microsoft Portal.
- Click on All Apps tab on the upper left corner
- After that, click on All Apps link.
- Click on Forms to open it.
- A window appears. Under My Forms, click on New Form.
- Enter a Name for your Form, where shown. You can also enter an optional subtitle for your survey. Form names can contain up to 90 characters and a subtitle can contain up to 1,000 characters.
- Click Add Question to add a new question to the Form. You can choose to add Choice, Quiz, Text, Rating, or Date questions.
- A Menu appears containing Choices- choice, Text, Rating and Date.
- For Choice questions, enter the text you want to display for the question and each of the choices.
- To add more choices other than the Default two choices, click Add Option.
- To Remove a choice, click the Trash can button next to it. You can also choose to make a question required or allow multiple choices for a question by changing the settings at the bottom of the question.
- Click Add Question to add more questions to your form. To change the order of the questions, click the Up or Down arrows on the right side of each question.
- For Text questions, select the Long Answer option if you want a larger Text Box displayed on the Form.
- Text questions also allow you to set restrictions when you need to have numbers as the answer.
- Click the ellipses button (...) and then click Restrictions.
- You can choose to restrict the numbers by selecting from the various options such as Greater than, Less than, Between, and many others.
- For Rating questions, you can change rating system from Stars to other objects, and rate meter as shown.
- You also get a Date question. You can use Date question, when you want answer in Date Format only.
- Click Preview at the top of the design window to see how your Form will look on a computer. If you want to test your survey, enter answers for the questions in Preview mode and then click Submit.
- Click Mobile from the top right of the screen to see how your form will look on a mobile device as shown.
For any other concerns related to Office 365 plan and subscriptions. You can reach out to us by submitting a ticket on our portal https://cloud.foetron.com/ or you can directly mail us at email@example.com. Check out our website www.foetron.com to know about the services offered by us.