When it comes to Cloud, security is always mentioned as the main barrier to its adoption. Cloud providers have their share of responsibility as well as the users of its services. This security responsibility depends on the type of cloud service. The following chart summarizes the sharing of responsibility between Microsoft and companies:
- Use dedicated workstations.
- Use multiple authentication.
- Restrict the administrator access.
- Restrict the user access.
- Control and limit the network access to Microsoft Azure.
- Use a key management solution.
- Encrypt virtual disks and disk storage.
- Use a centralized security management system